Notice of Privacy Practices
LAST REVISED: 11/2/2012
This website is owned and operated by Duke Realty Corporation (“Duke Realty”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). Duke Realty respects the privacy of visitors to our website. This Notice describes the types of information we collect about visitors to the Duke Realty website, how we may use the information and with whom we may share it.
This Notice also describes (1) the measures we take to safeguard the information we collect and (2) your rights and privileges concerning our collection, use and disclosure of information about you. This Notice applies to the Duke Realty website, located at www.dukerealty.com, as well as to any versions of the Duke Realty website that Duke Realty operates.
Services offered by Duke Realty are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). Duke Realty does not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from individuals under thirteen (13) years of age. No information should be submitted to or posted to the Duke Realty website by visitors younger than 13 years old.
Information We May Collect
The information we may collect falls into two categories: Personal Information and Site-Level Data. Personal Information is information that we directly associate with a specific person or entity, such as name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, Social Security Number, payment information (including credit card numbers or online payment services numbers) and financial information such as bank account numbers. The Personal Information you provide will vary based upon the context, and we will not collect your Personal Information unless you make it available. You are not required to provide Personal Information at any time while visiting the Duke Realty website; however, you may be required to provide Personal Information to use certain Duke Realty services, such as our electronic payment program. You may also submit Personal Information to us in other ways, such as participating in online surveys, subscribing to newsletters and other recurring offerings through the Duke Realty website, and in connection with other products, services, features, or requests made available through the Duke Realty website.
Site-Level Data is anonymous information regarding use of our website or services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of Duke Realty through the use of automated means, which include cookies and web beacons. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your computer’s hard drive for the purpose of identifying your browser during interaction on websites or storing information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. SiteLevel Data collected through these automated means may include information that we gather and store about your visit to, and use of, the Duke Realty website, such as your IP address, type of browser and operating system used, date and time you access the websites, pages you visit, and if you linked to this website from another website, the address of that website. Site-Level Data does not include Personal Information and is not treated as Personal Information under this Notice.
In addition to the cookies and web beacons we set, we may also allow certain third-party analytics service providers to include cookies and web beacons within the pages of the Duke Realty website on our behalf and to retain and use Site-Level Data received from such cookies and web beacons themselves. Third party service providers that collect Site-Level Data on our behalf may offer information about their data collection practices, and in some cases, an opt out on their respective websites which you can access here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of the Duke Realty website may not function properly or at all as a result.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
1. for our everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your customer account, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
2. to offer our products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
3. to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
4. to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services and website;
5. to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis; and
6. to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
In addition, we use Site-Level Data collected through automated means for purposes such as:
1. customizing visits to our website based on observable user preferences;
2. delivering content correlating to our users’ interests based on the ways in which our users interact with our website;
3. diagnosing technical and service problems; and
4. administering our website.
Information We Share
We may share Site-Level Data with third parties, including our Affiliates, dealers, marketing businesses and lead generation businesses, for any reason and without notice to you. We do not sell or otherwise share Personal Information except as described below:
1. Affiliates. Duke Realty may share your Personal Information with its Affiliates so long as the disclosure and use of your Personal Information by such entities is consistent with this Notice.
2. Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide the services offered through this website on our behalf, or other services with us. In such cases, we require such providers to maintain your Personal Information as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Notice.
3. Surveys/Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on the Duke Realty website that is sponsored by Duke Realty and a third party, such participation serves as your consent for Duke Realty to share your Personal Information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
4. Other. We may access or disclose information, including Personal Information, to: (i) protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of Duke Realty and our Affiliates; (ii) protect the rights, interest and safety and security of users of our website or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, applicable law or legal process. In addition, if we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including your Personal Information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you and the information we collect from you and share with third parties. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, adjusting your email preferences or contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. You also may withdraw your consent for Duke Realty to share your Personal Information with third parties as described in this Notice by contacting us using the means specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As stated in this Notice, Duke Realty will not sell or share your Personal Information with non-Duke Realty companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Access and Correction
Subject to applicable law, (i) you may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information through your account on https://connection.dukerealty.com or (ii) you may have the right to obtain access to personal information we maintain about you by contacting us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section below. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. If you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
The Duke Realty website may contain links to websites or web pages not operated by Duke
Realty. Once you leave the Duke Realty website, we suggest that you review the applicable
Personal Information they collect from you. We are not responsible for the content of any
websites that are not affiliated with Duke Realty, any use of those websites, or the privacy
practices of those websites.
Duke Realty uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard Personal Information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Updates to this Notice
We may update this Notice to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we
make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Notice. If we propose to use Personal
Information in a materially different way, we will provide you with additional notice by posting
notice of the changes on the Duke Realty website for at least 30 days before we implement those
changes, and we will obtain your consent as noted above for any material change regarding
disclosure of Personal Information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, or if you would like us to update
information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at
Web.Master@dukerealty.com or call us at 317-808-6000.
You also may write to us at:
Duke Realty Corporation
Attention: Legal Department
600 East 96th Street, Suite 100
Indianapolis, Indiana 46240