(Indianapolis, Ind. – Feb. 19, 2014) Duke Realty Corporation’s (Duke Realty) Indianapolis office announced that its team signed 4,706,821 square feet in leases in the last quarter of 2013. This volume resulted from new leases with several companies, as well as renewals and expansions by existing tenants.
“We continued to see ongoing interest in our central Indiana properties from both new and existing tenants in the fourth quarter,” said Charlie Podell, Senior Vice President of Duke Realty’s Indiana’s operations. “Indiana continues to rank among the top commercial real estate markets in the United States thanks to its central location, excellent highway access and business-friendly practices. The quality and location of Duke Realty buildings are attractive, and the market knowledge of our associates is unparalleled. Customers have cited these factors in their decision to select Duke Realty properties for their operations.”
The team of Mark Hosfeld and Jay Archer, Vice Presidents of Leasing, and Kate Ems, Senior Leasing Representative, represented Duke Realty in all of the industrial transactions, while Traci Kapsalis, Vice President of Leasing, and Adam Seger, Senior Leasing Representative represented Duke Realty in the office transactions. Craig Anderson, Vice President and General Manager of Anson, represented Duke Realty in the mixed-use Anson development transactions.
Duke Realty’s industrial leasing activity in the fourth quarter of 2013 totaled 4,538,833 square feet.
- New leases signed totaled 2,446,900 square feet.
- GNC signed a new lease for 342,840 square feet in AllPoints at Anson 7A, located just off I-65 in Whitestown.
- Existing tenant Hat World renewed its lease of 271,825 square feet in Park 100 Building 87, expanded by 4,217 square feet in Park 100 Building 120 and signed a new 311,600-square foot lease in Park 100 Building 89.
- Hachette Book Group, another existing tenant, renewed its 809,225-square foot lease in Lebanon Building 2 and signed a lease for a 218,453-square foot, build-to-suit expansion of the building.
- Other industrial lease renewals totaled 87,905 square feet.
- On the office side, Duke Realty signed 167,988 square feet of leases in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- New leases signed totaled 15,606 square feet.
- Existing tenants renewed 116,575 square feet in leases.
- Expansions by existing tenants totaled 35,807 square feet.
Mixed-Use (Anson) Activity
- Interest in Anson, Duke Realty’s mixed-use development along I-65 at the SR 334 exit, continued strong in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- More than 30 acres of land was sold for the development of a new bank, retail store and apartment community.
- Construction on the new Meijer store in Anson continued, with completion scheduled for late spring 2014.
- Four new retailers opened in the Marketplace at Anson, raising occupancy in the center to 92 percent.
About Duke Realty
In Central Indiana, Duke Realty currently manages and leases more than 23 million square feet of industrial and office properties.
On a nationwide basis, Duke Realty owns, maintains an interest in or has under development approximately 152.6 million rentable square feet of industrial and office assets, including medical office, in 22 major U.S. metropolitan areas. Duke Realty Corporation is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol DRE and is listed on the S&P MidCap 400 Index. More information about Duke Realty is available at www.dukerealty.com.