INDIANAPOLIS – August 3, 2022 — Duke Realty Corporation (NYSE: DRE), the leading domestic only, pure-play logistics property REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) in the United States, releases its 2021 Corporate Responsibility Report showcasing its success in environmental stewardship, social responsibility and governance (ESG) and sustainable development practices. The following are the most notable ESG accomplishments in 2021:
- The company set its goal of achieving carbon neutrality for emissions in its operational control by 2025.
- It launched the Smart Building program that allows Duke Realty to partner with its tenants in the development design process in order to incorporate smart and sustainable features.
- Duke Realty’s New Jersey community solar project was selected as the best Community Solar project in Solar Builder’s 2021 Project of the Year Awards.
- The company completed a materiality assessment surveying nearly 300 stakeholders to identify the most impactful ESG topics for the company to address.
- Duke Realty launched a new health and well-being program for its associates with nearly 50 percent participation in quarterly wellness challenges.
- The company celebrated its 20th anniversary of a formalized Diversity and Inclusion Council and rebranded it to the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council.
- Duke Realty maintained a diverse independent board of directors with 55 percent diverse and female directors. Additionally, 50 percent of the board committees are chaired by women.
- All associates and board of directors completed Code of Business Ethics training.
“For Duke Realty, 2021 was a year of many accomplishments leading the way for a more sustainable future for the industrial real estate industry,” said Megan Basore, Duke Realty’s vice president of Corporate Responsibility. “We are proud of our work toward carbon neutrality and our engagement of tenants as we are their trusted advisor in creating more sustainable facilities. We continue our focus on ESG in 2022.”
To read and download Duke Realty’s 2021 Corporate Responsibility report, please visit the Corporate Responsibility page on the Duke Realty website.