Duke Realty’s Corporate Challenge team came, saw, and competed mightily at the September 20 and 27, 2014 event, held at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This was our 6th year participating in the Indiana Sports Corp Corporate Challenge, and our best showing yet.
More than 6,500 participants from 130 companies competed in various events, including distance runs, sprints, a fitness walk, tug-of-war, and field activities like a basketball shootout and golf chipping challenge.
Great weather and high enthusiasm helped bring the Duke Realty team to a 10th-place finish in our 37-team division. That marks a big jump from our 2013 finish in 16th place. Overall, we jumped from a 59th-place overall finish last year to finishing in 31st place of 145 teams.
We’re pleased with the fun and camaraderie and great accomplishments, including:
- Our first full cycling team.
- A second-place finish in the half-mile run.
- A third-place finish in the 5k run.
- The 10k team’s 6th-place finish in our division.
- Raising over $200 for the Susan Williams CHAMPS Grants program.
- Collecting over $400 in sporting goods and donations for the ISC Geared for Health program.
- Donating more than 25 pints of blood.